Brief detail of my story

Recently went on the land convoy for Gaza from London last mid-April. Thank you to all that helped me to go on this dream of mine, whether it was financial support or emotional support. And a huge thank you to one of my best friends who agreed to come on this trip with me & I couldn't have done it without him. Even though we sadly were not able to enter Gaza due to Egypt stopping us and wanting us to hand our aid and vehicles to Israel, all the wonderful people I met on the convoy will never stop until the Palestinians are free. We will never forget them. Thesis is in process right now :)

Monday, May 7, 2012

Dramatic weather for dramatic Turkey :)

Just look at this picture!! At one point it reminded me of a hurricane area. Then I said as long as there are no hail stones we will be fine. 20mins later, not really hail stones but big blocks of water def came tumbling down. And we are in Turkey!! The weather has been so strange. Sun stroke in Germany and Hungary then wearing a jumper in Turkey! Just so odd.

So right now we are in Konya in Turkey and making our way down until our next destination. Should be in Turkey for the next few days. Yesterday we stayed in Ankara after being in Istanbul for 4 days at another petrol station like last nights one. Its nice how you don't have to pay for toilet use but there's been no hot water or showers for that matter so been wet wipe showers the past two days :) smell like Jasmine :p

The day we left Istanbul, which was Saturday, was a day of mixed emotions. Due to visa problems for our next country destination, we had to leave behind some of the guys that were with us. This left 4 vans with no drivers. Luckily 3 new guys, including one from South Africa had joined us plus us with no van so we each are now driving one. Just hope everything gets sorted so they can join us at the border. Meanwhile, we are still awaiting news on our vehicle but since we are driving B6 now, it will be hard to spread the drivers out when we get our van. So we shall see how it goes. After so many days of not being on the road, was so nice to be back with the convoy. Although I haven't been very well so just trying to cope with that. Will be alright.

On the 4th was 6 years since my mum had passed. I didn't even realise the date until I was reminded. No wonder I went window shopping that day! Although I did treat myself and got a lovely handbag which was bargained even further once the guy knew we were going to Gaza. His business partner then gave me a free purse :D I don't like to remember the day to be honest because it makes me feel very sad and that's what I don't want to feel right now cause there's just so many things going on that I need to deal with but I did have a lil cry and had to remind myself that she's with me on this journey helping me. Just one day at a time I guess.

Whoops gotta run! We are now off to our next destination.

Jem

No comments:

Post a Comment