Brief detail of my story

Recently went on the land convoy for Gaza from London last mid-April. Thank you to all that helped me to go on this dream of mine, whether it was financial support or emotional support. And a huge thank you to one of my best friends who agreed to come on this trip with me & I couldn't have done it without him. Even though we sadly were not able to enter Gaza due to Egypt stopping us and wanting us to hand our aid and vehicles to Israel, all the wonderful people I met on the convoy will never stop until the Palestinians are free. We will never forget them. Thesis is in process right now :)

Friday, March 23, 2012

2 new NGOs to mention

Yesterday I went to digital mall to get a new desktop for the family. As sweet as it is, I'm going to talk about 2 charities that caught my eye.

One is the National Kidney Foundation Malaysia. If you can make a donation to them, their stall will be at digital mall till the end of the week. They really need the funding to help patients who need dialysis in order to survive. So if you can please come by their stall at the ground floor and donate what you can or you can visit www.nkf.org.my

Another charity that really caught my eye is a little fundraising and awareness campaign called the Pink Heart Campaign organized by Unilever and Guardian. They have united to Help Address Violence Against Women and Children. What caught my eye is that usually when you see something pink you think of the Breast Cancer campaign but this was pink hearts. So the campaign is if you buy any Unilever product, you can purchase a really nice charm, bracelet with pink and "diamond" hearts (and it's really pretty) for only RM2.90 or you can do what I do and just purchase the bracelet for RM9.90. For more info visit http://www.wao.org.my/news_details.php?nid=234&ntitle=Pink+Heart+Campaign:+Unilever+and+Guardian+Unite+to+Help+Address+Violence+Against+Women

(stay tuned. Picture of the charm bracelet will be up soon)

No comments:

Post a Comment