Brief detail of my story

Recently went on the land convoy for Gaza from London last mid-April. Thank you to all that helped me to go on this dream of mine, whether it was financial support or emotional support. And a huge thank you to one of my best friends who agreed to come on this trip with me & I couldn't have done it without him. Even though we sadly were not able to enter Gaza due to Egypt stopping us and wanting us to hand our aid and vehicles to Israel, all the wonderful people I met on the convoy will never stop until the Palestinians are free. We will never forget them. Thesis is in process right now :)

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Letting go

I've been told that one of the things that can lead a person to be happy is to let things go, particularly the past (found at http://www.purposefairy.com/3308/15-things-you-should-give-up-in-order-to-be-happy/). I've realised though that this concept is very hard for me to do. I not only not let go of issues but I usually just sweep them under this carpet of issues I have and carry on till one day the carpet flies open due to a gust of wind called reality and I'm faced with the issue again. One of my best mates always tells me to let go. I wish they had a class that can help one to let go.

So a few days ago I was faced with an issue that I guess keeps coming back over the past year because I live in Hollywood land so sometimes I think my so-called movie life might end up as the reality. So I decided to face up to it once and for all, even if it meant killing the movie. It did. Reality won. But hey, as my therapist said I was very brave in doing that and at least I now know what the reality is. It should have been an issue I had moved on from months ago but I guess I really am a dreamer. Oh well.

Then another issue popped up linked to a recent event that occurred that I'm still trying to get over and I didn't know whether I should participate in the event or not as it would have meant I would be walking backwards rather then moving forwards. So I chose to continue to move forwards, to continue to let it go and turns out I'm happy with my decision. I didn't need to go and prove myself to anyone nor did I need to hear any negativity that I know would have upset me. I just let it go.

So I'm learning. It takes time but one does learn. What I did discover though in therapy yesterday was that I actually haven't really said goodbye to my mum. Physically yes but not from my heart I haven't said goodbye. That I'm not ready. I know ill have to do it soon but yesterday I wasn't ready. I will be though and I hope I'm strong enough for it to be sooner rather then later.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device via Vodafone-Celcom Mobile.

No comments:

Post a Comment