Brief detail of my story

Recently went on the land convoy for Gaza from London last mid-April. Thank you to all that helped me to go on this dream of mine, whether it was financial support or emotional support. And a huge thank you to one of my best friends who agreed to come on this trip with me & I couldn't have done it without him. Even though we sadly were not able to enter Gaza due to Egypt stopping us and wanting us to hand our aid and vehicles to Israel, all the wonderful people I met on the convoy will never stop until the Palestinians are free. We will never forget them. Thesis is in process right now :)

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Goodbye Belgium!

We booked ourselves into the F1 hotel (as you can see below). Came to roughly €15 which is not bad but boy was it comfy. The room really is like a box for 3 people but it did the trick.

So after having a wonderful shower (aahh warm water) that literally fired out water (guess the F1 concept) and only allowed you like 5 seconds of water each time before u had to press the button again. Such a funny shower but loved it! Then finally changed out of the same clothes I had been wearing since Sunday (yesterday was Tuesday. Good thing it actually is cold cause then you don't have to worry about sweat) we went to the nearest town to have a look for le supermarche and le cafe. My great co-driver with his nippy phone found a Carrefour then nearby we found a place called The Tuna Shack. Yes I went to Belgium and ate at the Tuna Shack but there wasn't any other place open. But anyway this place was fab! A whole meal for €4-€5 euros and it was 2 much that I couldn't even finish my huge plate of chips. And as an added bonus for the Muslim ppl on the convoy, it was a Halal restaurant. Ahhh just thinking about that chicken wrap.

So after we went back to the F1 & sat in this tiny cafeteria area that seemed to be the only wifi-spot in the whole place and did out bits and bobs. I was gonna head off to bed early but then the Chelsea vs Barcelona game came on so I had to watch it and yey!! Well done Chelsea!!! (Didi will be so happy). So finally off to bed and went out like a light!

Had a normal morning start, lil brief meeting and now we are on the road again with microwaved naan and coffee at our side.

Stay tuned! :)

Jem

PS. The sun just came out :D

No comments:

Post a Comment