Brief detail of my story

Recently went on the land convoy for Gaza from London last mid-April. Thank you to all that helped me to go on this dream of mine, whether it was financial support or emotional support. And a huge thank you to one of my best friends who agreed to come on this trip with me & I couldn't have done it without him. Even though we sadly were not able to enter Gaza due to Egypt stopping us and wanting us to hand our aid and vehicles to Israel, all the wonderful people I met on the convoy will never stop until the Palestinians are free. We will never forget them. Thesis is in process right now :)

Friday, April 27, 2012

Snow on the mountain tops...

...Yet my geography has failed me and I don't know what mountains they are. If anyone can tell me please do :) we have now left Munchen as they say and driving through Germany still.

Its been lovely so far. Like last night we went into Munich itself with Fra and just walked around the town. We found this old gothic looking building. Beautiful! It was nice to actually really see a city we had stopped nearby instead off just driving through. So we walked until we found a nice cafe and had a huge slice of pizza that was enough for the 2 people for only €3 and chilled hearing about Fra's amazing journey in Egypt. Just the experiences one can go through is just amazing.

Then we had to rush back to the van as the parking was gonna finish. Can you believe they charge you parking all the way to 11pm! The gov in KL would make so much $ if that was done in KL. Street parking I'm talking about!

We then strolled down the street to find a cafe with internet. Was so nice as the street was filled with performers outside the closed shops. There was even professional orchestra performers playing traditional classic music and a couple dancing together too the music. It felt like such a romantic city actually. Very friendly ppl too with me popping in and out of shops asking if they have wifi then they would tell me where to go. The only placed opened with wifi ended up to be Burger King, which was fine as I got my pictures uploaded onto FB and we all did our bits and bobs. Was all good. So after having accomplished everything we set out to do, we headed back to camp using wonderful GPS technology but the battery was down to 10% but we made it yey!!

Got ready for another night in the van and slept like a log. I knew it was gonna end up being a cold night even though it was a very hot day but some, including my bright co-driver woke up shivering due to not preparing themselves for a cold dip in temperature.

So woke up at 7am (yes my timing has changed to sleeping b4 1am and waking up at 7am), couldn't shower as there was only cold water (no thank you) and the kind lady behind the coffee counter allowed me to charge our handphones behind the counter. So I sat at the end on a bar stool and just waited till all was charged with my cappuccino (I had to get something cause she was so sweet) but then her boss came in and had a lil fit and told us we cannot do this. Nevermind, was 70% charged. Mean man.

After a quick meeting with everyone we have set off again. The weather is piping hot but the scenery is beautiful.

oh dear traffic jam.

Ttyl!

Jem

PS. I forgot the most important info!! As the convoy was going through one of the towns, no one got lost wohoo!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment