Brief detail of my story

Recently went on the land convoy for Gaza from London last mid-April. Thank you to all that helped me to go on this dream of mine, whether it was financial support or emotional support. And a huge thank you to one of my best friends who agreed to come on this trip with me & I couldn't have done it without him. Even though we sadly were not able to enter Gaza due to Egypt stopping us and wanting us to hand our aid and vehicles to Israel, all the wonderful people I met on the convoy will never stop until the Palestinians are free. We will never forget them. Thesis is in process right now :)

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

In and out of Luxembourg...with a lil hiccup

Today was a long yet interesting day. I don't think I've spent a short amount of time in one country before, and it would have been shorter if it wasn't for a lil hiccup that happened.

Keeping to the tradition of the convoy, the van from Malaysia lost sight of the truck in front and got lost in the middle of Luxembourg. And it turns out we are now the only van without a CB radio. Luckily the van behind us followed us and led us to a petrol station where the others could find it. Bad thing tho is cause we got lost, the rest of the team behind got lost. In the end all went well as we all got to fill up our vehicles with the cheapest fuel price thus far plus a clean bathroom break and set off again and before we knew it we were out of Luxembourg and in Germany. What I did see of Luxembourg tho was beautiful. Must come back one day.

We then travelled through Germany. What a landscape it was. I felt like I was in Lord of the Rings (yes James I know). Long drive tho. To entertain ourselves (well mostly my co-driver) I was trying to pronounce the street names as we passed by. Man am I bad at languages. Gave up when the names were just too long. We have also agreed to try listen to local radio. So we'd have either French or German speaking radio presenters then English songs hehe. One or two locals here and there but entertaining. Its so sad tho cause I really can't understand French at all. Such a pity! But I must say the truckers here are crazy at driving! Zooming in and out in between the convoy members at such speed. Crazy!

So after a semi-long drive with me serving coffee, lemonade, naan and jaffa cakes, we are now safe at a service station somewhere in Germany. Had a bite to eat and more bonding going on with lots of laughing (my cheeks started to hurt at one point) and now We've made a nice lil sleeping area in the vehicle so all is well. It actually feels a lil warmer here then it did in France.

So off to bed. Nightz all! :)
Jem

No comments:

Post a Comment