Brief detail of my story

Recently went on the land convoy for Gaza from London last mid-April. Thank you to all that helped me to go on this dream of mine, whether it was financial support or emotional support. And a huge thank you to one of my best friends who agreed to come on this trip with me & I couldn't have done it without him. Even though we sadly were not able to enter Gaza due to Egypt stopping us and wanting us to hand our aid and vehicles to Israel, all the wonderful people I met on the convoy will never stop until the Palestinians are free. We will never forget them. Thesis is in process right now :)

Saturday, April 28, 2012

The Sound of Music stuck in my head :)

We arrived in Austria yesterday and it was the longest drive we've had thus far with a few ppl getting lost (not us) at the very end but all was good and we found everyone. The view was just amazing and I've being singing "the hills are alive" in my head since I saw the snow covered mountains. Love that movie!

We did a couple of stops along the way. At one stop one of the guys wanted to wash his feet in the sink in order to do his prayers and they told him off. Was not good.

Had a couple of crazy truckers on the road too yesterday. At one point when it was dark we had to go to the left lane last min so I stuck my head out to make sure it was safe but 5 trucks passed by and were going so fast then I stuck my hand out to try and get the last truck to slow down but nope he didn't so we lost sight of the convoy ppl ahead but Faisal was excellent in catching up and finding the rest of the convoy...in the dark wohoo. Crazy truckers.

Our final destination for the day was another petrol station but there was a hotel there but we decided to stick with the van due to the stuff inside plus its gotten comfortable in the van and less hassle bringing our stuff back and forth. Working system from turning the van into a comfy vehicle to be driving in with all the snacks and drinks nearby then at night re-arranging it into 2 "beds". The van is starting to feel a lil like home now actually.

Since we got to the pit stop quite late, we cooked noodles and soup using the gas cooker lent by Tina (thanks Tina!) Which worked beautifully and then slept like a log again. Was a hot morning actually.

Another early morning. Think I was awake by 6. Finally got up around 8 cause decided to wash all the pots etc plus some socks of mine and have a wonderful shower. We then hopped into Fra's van with Waheed and the 4 of us took a drive into Wein itself to see the sights. Even though I've been here before I went to an area I hadn't seen so it was gorgeous.

So we have come back to base and now waiting for our flag off to our next destination :D wow day 7 already and been in 6 countries :D

Ooo and the Bradford team finally caught up with us yey!! So that's an extra 4 vehicles driving with us. Sweet.

Oo quick meeting.
Ttyl!
Jem

No comments:

Post a Comment