Brief detail of my story

Recently went on the land convoy for Gaza from London last mid-April. Thank you to all that helped me to go on this dream of mine, whether it was financial support or emotional support. And a huge thank you to one of my best friends who agreed to come on this trip with me & I couldn't have done it without him. Even though we sadly were not able to enter Gaza due to Egypt stopping us and wanting us to hand our aid and vehicles to Israel, all the wonderful people I met on the convoy will never stop until the Palestinians are free. We will never forget them. Thesis is in process right now :)

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Hello London!!

For a starter, I have no idea why I have been so tired from the moment I stepped onto the airplane coming here. I technically slept so much with my poor friend getting bored as hell but still tired today. I guess a lot only mind then.

Secondly, it is sooo cold! Maybe that's why I feel tired cause all I want to do is just stay under my duvet and sleep hehe. Guess relax when you can.

So thus far the trip has gone fab and I think when something is meant to be it goes about very smoothly. We went to check out a specific vehicle thative been told will be great for CFTA. A short train ride, hop, skip and a bus away we met with a lovely man named Ed who straight away told us the problems with the minibus and henceforth the price would be lowered...yey! S we went for a drive to. Have a feel of the minibus, checked what was working, my co-driver had a go at it and then once we got back to Ed's house he says due to the fact that this has been a fundraising for the children, he knocked the price even further! Truly wonderful and this is why if things are meant to be, God makes it all easy for you. There's still a lot to be done but, again, if it's meant to be it's meant to be :)

Plus I learnt something wonderful from Ed yesterday. He said that he always does things that make him happy and he never chases the money. Yes money is. Important but he doesn't chase it. It made me think that it must be true. As long as you do what you love and you're a good person, the money will take care of itself. Look at my journey, the support you have all given me. Who would have thought I would have gotten so close to my goal?

So again, thank you for allowing me to do something I love to do plus to help people who need our help :)

I was going to mention a bit of hoo-haa that has been going on regarding the convoy but I do have to dash off. If I can I will later but I will say this. From day one there has always been talk about the route and where we could be going. From day one you know that the journey itself has risks. So if you sign up from day one knowing all this don't you have the obligation to all those people you have made promises too? I do. I have a vehicle I have promised to donate to CFTA plus toys, books and a lil few gifts from MSRI to give them. I also trust the organizers as I'm sure they know what they are doing considering they have done this 5 times and with known people involved of course they wouldn't do anything that would deliberately put us in harms way. I know what I signed up for and due to the fact that things are going so well, whatever happens happens and its meant to be.

So actually I'll end there and gotta get the rest of my checklist sorted :)

If anyone wants to know more about the organization the vehicle and donated items are going to, the info is here
Culture and Free Thought Association
P.O.Box 76, Khan Younis, Gaza Strip
Tel/+972(0) 8 2051299
Fax/+972 (0) 8 2067299
E-mail: cfta@palnet.com

TTYL :)

No comments:

Post a Comment